Saturday, February 19, 2011

Favorite Book No. 4: Dena Dyer's Turning Points


Welcome to the rearranged blog and to this brand-new entry!! It's nice to be back on schedule.

TURNING POINTS: Let the Crow’s Feet & Laugh Lines Come! - by Dena Dyer

Category: Aging Well
Rediscovering Beauty and Self-Worth at ANY AGE (Barbour 2010)

          This is a MUST read for all my personal and cyber friends who are past that innocent age of twenty-one. Seriously!  God, willing, you WILL age and the earlier you start embracing life as a vibrant woman, the easier it is to run the race. Even if it gets long and hard, it can be an tremendous journey.
          The author, Dena Dyer, is young enough to hold hands with her younger readers and she called on older women for viewpoints from the later part of the journey. Believe me: Let the Crow’s Feet & Laugh Lines Come! is an absolute bedside staple.
          Dena has written other books but I keep returning to this one because the longer I live the more I understand the importance—even urgency—of aging gracefully. I want to live till it’s done. And I want to live so that my family and strangers will know Who I serve. Crow’s Feet/Laugh Lines keeps me on course even when yet another crisis throws me into unchartered waters.
          Dena fills Crow’s Feet/Laugh Lines with scripture that heals and teaches, real-life examples that touch all aging stages, and she uses stories and experiences by down-to-earth women of all ages (many from my own writers’ group) who are walking the walk.
          Am I prejudiced? Not a bit. Even though Dena Dyer and her family lived in our hometown for a while and she became part of us in multiple ways, this Turning Points volume is for any woman who wants to discover and keep her inner beauty and self-worth
      This is a book you can trust. Dena is honest and open, and her writing flows easily between:
©    today’s woman and Biblical times;
©    today’s hard questions and solid solutions;
©    today’s young moms and grandmothers to decidedly silver seniors;
©    today’s modern world problems and scriptural resolutions.

Not only will you learn easy ways to keep your life on course with this book, but your bedside reading time will be delightful!

Blessings from one book lover to another,
Liz


You'll get an extra blessing if you drop by Dena’s web site and blog: www.denadyer.com Mother Inferior: Musings on faith, work, and motherhood by author and speaker Dena Dyer.

The Closer Walk Christian Bookstore, Fredericksburg, TX, http://www.thecloserwalk.com often keeps Dena’s book, Let the Crow’s Feet & Laugh Lines Come! on the shelves.

2 comments:

  1. You're so sweet to do this, Liz! Thanks a bunch. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MELINDA ANONYMOUS
    I HOPE I AGE WELL.IDON'T WANT TO WORRY ABOUT
    STUFF ICAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT. I'M TRYINNG
    TO EMBRACE LIFE WITH OPEN ARMS.IJUST KNOW GOD
    HAS SAID WELL DONE GOOD AND FAITHFFUL
    SERVANT WHEN HE THINKS OF YOU.HOPE HE WILL
    SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT ME.

    ReplyDelete